Canyon Bicycles Team

Canyon Bicycles Team
Canyon Bicycles Tour of Utah Team

Don't sweat the technique

Tuesday, February 5, 2008

FIRST ROAD EVENT OF THE YEAR


Jan 25-27 Las Vegas hosted the first road event of the year. A stage race, starting with a time trial on friday, crit on Sat and the road race on Sun. Having no roads ridable because of snow and having only snowshoed or XC skied this season I new this race was a training ride in disguise. Climbing and time trialing being my obvious weakness I was looking foreword to my punishment I knew I had coming. I was last or nearly last in every event accept the criterium. With 7000+ feet of climbing in 51 miles assured the road race would be handed to the climbers ( as it should ). Rain dominated the weekend, letting up for the crit on Sat. I'll use the race experiance to inspire my training.

No comments: