Canyon Bicycles Team

Canyon Bicycles Team
Canyon Bicycles Tour of Utah Team

Don't sweat the technique

Monday, June 2, 2008

Pain vs. Passion

June is finally here. My back surgery looms in the future. It's hard to pick a season to be paralized. I've stayed on my bike and the results hide the severity of my herniated disc's.

On May 17th I raced masters 35+ at the Bear Lake classic road race. With a smashingly strong masters team we blew the field a part in the first few miles resulting in a 5 man brake away. 4 of us where on the same team, leaving one odd rider out. 15 miles into the break we began to attack the odd rider. My main concern was to protect my teammates yellow state points leaders jersey. In the end we let one team member ride away for the win as I remained to lead out our points leader. Everything worked perfectly with our team finishing 1st, 2nd,4th, 5th and 6th.

I'm currently 2nd overall in the Tuesday night worlds training series. From now on it gets significantly hotter and for me faster!

June 1st I entered the Stan Crane Memorial XC expert 40+ hoping to finish. Getting to the main climb in first I went from leader to last in one train of riders. Picking off a few in some single track climbs we entered the main gravel road climb with a mixture of different age groups. Passing or being passed for the next 20 minutes until the single track descent. Hoping for top 10 I was going back and forth with previous race winners. Crossing the finish line I knew I was in front of good racers and in the end I went from from first to last and back to third before finishing 4th. I don't think anyone has occupied every position in the field...twice

No comments: