Canyon Bicycles Team

Canyon Bicycles Team
Canyon Bicycles Tour of Utah Team

Don't sweat the technique

Monday, June 6, 2011

Ist overall Greensfelder Challenge 2011

After being plagued with poor tire choices in 29ers I was FINALLY able to get my favorites in the 29r version. This course had received many days of rain turning the rocky condition treacherous. Many riders sitting this one out. I had never seen or ridden the new trails at Greenfelder and had no warm up. The starts are crucial here as I struggled to hold the front on the way to the single track. Entering the single track in second was fine but dictated my pace to the bottom of the first climb where all my gaps happen in racing. First place left me in no mans land for the next hour, till third pulled up and later pulled away. More scared of the treacherous course I refused to be distracted with a chase or pursuit. With 5 miles left second place was coming back quickly as his legs where cramping. Coming to the finish line I was happy with second. Only to find out first had broke his wrist and I had won the race. Still shell shocked from riding/ramping/sliding through muddy rocks for 2+hrs I could only stare ground and thank the Lord for letting me come through healthy( Thank You )!!!!

No comments: