Canyon Bicycles Team

Canyon Bicycles Team
Canyon Bicycles Tour of Utah Team

Don't sweat the technique

Friday, June 10, 2011

Ist overall, Indian Creek Campground 6hr, 6/22/11





Where to start. With very few mountain bike rides this year and fewer mountain bike races. No test ride, no warm up etc. There's no reason I should have won other than I always swing for the fences in any challenge regardless of the odds or chances. Suffocate anxiety, chin check doubt and bring all your experience to the table. From my bikes set up to the supplements propelling me ( CR carborocket ) , all your ducks have to be in a row. 5 hrs of suffocating heat ended in cold hypothermic rain and the deadliest weekend in tornado history as the loud speaker at the award ceremony attempted to speak over the tornado sirens. I am humbled by every successful event!

No comments: